Thursday 23 May 2013

Liz Wismer plans drive-thru pledge morning

Heart FM news room news
Great news from the news room of Heart FM today!
Woodstock radio station 104.7 FM will again this year be hosting its drive-thru pledge-a-thon for Relay For Life (Canadian Cancer Society) in Woodstock. The event during the John and Liz morning show will be June 7.
Liz Wismer has been a long-time participant in Relay For Life and is captain of the team Girlz Night Out, which has a $7,000 team goal.
Here's her press release, which also promotes the Woodstock Print & Litho lunch bbq that day. The barbecue price, by the way, is $5 including a drink.

                 ()()()()()()()()

Again this year, I will be walking in the Woodstock Relay for Life.  Below is a link to make a donation online; you can also make a donation here at Heart FM during the 6th Annual Drive Thru Pledge-a-thon on Friday June 7between 6 am – 9 am. 

There is also a charity BBQ event at Woodstock Print & Litho June 7from 11 am – 2 pm, which I encourage you to come out and support, and grab a hot dog or burger courtesy of Todd’s Dogs!

I set my goal big again this year…$4,000 so I need your support!

I thank you in advance and appreciate every dollar we can put towards the Fight Against Cancer !!!

Link: http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR?px=3768006&pg=personal&fr_id=12488&fl=en_CA&et=l9HG6JGRPkrv61UabUvHCw&s_tafId=217444


Liz (Wismer) Van Meer
Morning Show Host/News

223 Norwich Ave. Woodstock, Ont. N4S 3V8
Office: 519-537-8400 ext. 232
News room: 519-537-8040

From Liz Wismer: "Again this year, I will be participating in the Woodstock Relay for Life in support of the Canadian Cancer Society.  I first got involved to pay tribute and honour my Nana who we lost to cancer on November 28, 1997 (just six weeks after she was diagnosed).  Since my first relay about 10 years ago, many more names have been added to the list of people I relay for!  Some are survivors; some are fighting the fight as I write this and others are our loved ones we lost to this horrible disease.
This year I hope to raise $4,000 on my own as the Team Captain of Girlz Night Out!  We have relayed together now for five years and I hope that we together can raise $7,000.  Please help me and my team reach our goal; help our loved ones who are fighting cancer; help us celebrate our loved ones who are survivors and help us remember our loved ones we've lost.
I walk to Remember Nana and those we have lost; I walk to Celebrate Tracey and all of the survivors; and I walk to Fight Back with all those fighters.
I thank you in advance for your support."

No comments:

Post a Comment